Janemarie W. Murphy
Janemarie W. Murphy’s expertise in state and municipal government is coupled with her extensive experience with community groups and in public interest negotiations. As Chair of the Government Group, Ms. Murphy is responsible for ensuring that our client’s interests are advocated vigorously before the General Assembly and the Administration. Our success rate stands as a testament to her effectiveness.
Ms. Murphy’s extensive community contacts and strong background in grassroots organization and advocacy are becoming increasingly important to the Group’s clients. She has successfully directed several political campaigns and effectively managed field operations for many others. From 1990-1994, she served as Senior Legislative Aide to the Senate President Pro Tempore of the Connecticut General Assembly. Previously, Ms. Murphy had been a Legislative Assistant to the State Senate Majority Office and served as staff to the Legislative Task Force on Manufacturing and the Insurance and Real Estate Committee. She has served as a grant seeker with United Connecticut Action for Neighborhoods, a housing consultant with Imagineers, and a community organizer with Hartford Areas Rally Together. A Danbury native, Ms. Murphy holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from the College of the Holy Cross.
- Board of Directors, State Law Resources
- President, United Connecticut Action for Neighborhoods (UCAN) Board of Directors
- Member, Mercy Community Health Board of Directors, Advocacy Committee Chairman
- Leadership Greater Hartford
- February 8, 2016 - Jane W. Murphy Named Chair of the Government Affairs Group
- May 4, 2015 - Government Affairs Group Receives Service Award From CT Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- November 6, 2014 - Murtha Cullina Government Affairs Group Hosts Post-Election Event
- October 24, 2014 - State Law Resources Elects Jane W. Murphy as Chair of Board of Directors
- Murtha Cullina Government Affairs Consultant Appointed Vice-Chair of State Law Resources
- Janemarie W. Murphy Joins the Board of State Law Resources, inc.